Sunday, April 05, 2009

Final Week

Today marks the first day of Jesus' Final Week. The sacrifice that Jesus Christ bore upon Himself for us is immense. The sheer knowledge of what He did for you, for me, should be enough to floor me. But it isn't. I mean to say it is, but I don't treat it as such. If the true reality of what this week means hit me, my very life would be so radically different. I want that. I know that is there, but accessing it is something I have a hard time doing. I think it's something a lot of us have a hard time doing. We know what Christ did on the Cross, but we don't pick up our own cross and follow. Jesus died on the Cross so that we didn't have to. Just think of the enormity of that. He took our place. And yet we go on, day in and day out, living our own lives. Well, I for one, don't want to anymore. I want to be. I want that sacrifice to permeate every fabric of my being. I want this Easter to mark a dramatic change in the life of Andrew Ortega. Because the truth is, it was never my life to begin with.

No comments: